What Is Honda Sensing®?
If you’ve been scouring the Fort Myers, Venice, and North Port areas for your next new car and you’re leaning towards a Honda, you probably have a few questions—namely, “What is Honda Sensing®?”
You may have heard the term before, but our team at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Port Charlotte is here to walk you through the features and how they work.
This Honda Sensing® guide will show you the benefits of this network of driver-assisting features and how they can help you on the road.
What Is Honda Sensing® & What Does It Do?
Honda Sensing® is a newly introduced safety system that comes standard with most Honda models. It includes a network of features that use exterior-mounted radar sensors. These sensors actively measure the speed of your vehicle while assessing the distance from the object or vehicle ahead, as well as detecting the lines in the road.
These sensors will also measure your Honda’s rate of approach to determine if a collision is likely. They will then activate a few of the systems to help prevent the collision or reduce the force of impact.
While helpful and able to provide assistance, these sensors require driver interaction to ultimately prevent a crash.
What Features Does Honda Sensing® Include?
There are several advanced features included with Honda Sensing® that vary in function and what they can add to the safety and assistance factors of the vehicle. Honda Sensing® includes:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBTS™): This feature alerts you when an impact is likely. It uses brake pressure to reduce the speed of the vehicle, so you have time to react and stop the vehicle completely.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): This system will detect when you cross lanes without using a turn signal. It will then actively adjust the steering and apply selective braking to prevent further drifting.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): Like the previous system, LKAS adjusts steering to ensure the vehicle is in the center of the lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): This feature maintains a safe distance from the vehicle ahead while traveling at your desired cruising speed.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): The sensors will detect posted speed limit and street signs and notify the driver.
Available Driver-Assistance Features
Honda Sensing® also offers additional features to add even more safety, security, and confidence to your driving. These features include:
- Honda LaneWatch™: When a right turn signal is activated, the camera mounted to the passenger-side mirror will display live video of your vehicle’s blind spot onto the touchscreen.
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI): This feature uses sensors to indicate that a vehicle is approaching your blind spot.
- Cross Traffic Monitor: This feature works with the multi-angle rearview camera. It will alert you with a series of beeps if a vehicle or object is approaching the rear of your vehicle while you’re in reverse.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: This feature will sense when natural light is low and activate the high beams. When a vehicle is approaching from the opposite lane, it will turn them off and reactivate once the vehicle has passed.
Learn Even More About Honda Sensing®
Now that you’re more aware of the added protection Honda Sensing® can provide, you can take comfort in knowing your next car will have a suite of advanced safety features designed to help you avoid mishaps on the road.
Contact us at Norm Reeves Honda Superstore Port Charlotte, or simply schedule a test drive with your favorite Honda model.
We’re happy to help drivers in Fort Myers, Venice, and North Port find a vehicle that they can be confident in.